-
October 28th, 2001, 03:54 PM
#1
digvid
Guest
In case anyone would like to use their laptop for firewire capture along with a video workprinter, I have tested the ADS Pyro firewire PCMCIA card and found it to work well with stop-motion capture. The cost of the card is around $99 USD. I think the laptop option is good, because I can set up my workprinter where ever I want without being tethered to my desktop computer.
My complete system configuration is: an old Compaq 233MHz laptop, ADS firewire card, Sony DCR-TRV8 MiniDV camcorder, Windows 2000, Adobe Premiere 6.01, and Diskeeper 6.0 (keeps my hard drives defragmented--a must!). The stop-motion capture feature of Premiere works well with this setup, and seems to easily capture 6+ fps, which I believe is what the workprinter requires.
Note that I haven't used this setup with my workprinter yet, since I haven't received it, but I think theoretically it should do the trick.
- digvid
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks